Largest country of the human mind with the possible exception of the weather is the color. We are surrounded by references: "a red rag to the bull", "blue with cold", "green with envy," "OK." The psychology of color and how colors affect human behavior is now a serious course of study in universities. Hospital rooms, classrooms, fast food restaurants and offices are painted in color to influence mood and behavior of people who use the space. Even the product in the supermarket shelves of your local color have been packed in carefully selected to attract your attention and encourage you to buy. So why so people hesitate to use color in their home environment? Why neutral space that is ideal at this time? Why are we afraid of color?
The first step to relinquishing fear in the use of color is to understand the psychological effects on our own. Red stimulate the appetite - so a very good color for dining rooms. Both blue and green are fresh and calming. They are the colors of nature and could be a popular choice for bedrooms. Yellow and orange are energising like the sun, so a good choice in rooms where your energy may need boosting - the kitchen as possible. Under the orange clay can fine form in the ideal home office, which has the effect energising both red and orange, but not so light that you will not be able to stay in your desk!
Many contemporary television programs have made good use of bold in the wild combination of colors: purple and lime green, turquoise and red-orange, orange and fuchsia. But be careful about throwing a color together. Violet and lime green will work because of complementary colors - they are opposite each other on the Color Wheel. Likewise turquoise and red-orange. You will think that the orange and fuchsia will clash, but as they sat beside each other on the Color Wheel, they are color harmony. You need to invest in color Wheel (available in the shops, art the most good) to help you see how the colors to sit with each other before you splash out on a few gallons of yellow, orange and olive green paint for the bedroom. And really carefully consider whether the violet and lime green space that can not live with you.
This does not mean to say that their dramatic color has no place. Far too many houses in the various decorated Shades of beige (I think "taupe" is a term even though the style is now being challenged by the "string"), and neutral colors for the standard new home is still the correct Magnolia. Subtle, muted wall colors (like off white and taupe) are good, and very easy to live with. But contrast and enliven them with bright highlights your upholstery and accessories. Consider the multi-colored carpets, some colored ceramics or glassware, paintings or prints of life, or in the cushions becak jewel tones. Airy will be the overall effect and soothing but the flashes of color can take you and your personality will be a signature touch.
Strong colors are best to use less space. Hallways and cloakrooms are ideal spaces to experiment. No one spent much time in the room, so you are able to be bold. Only because of this space may be small or narrow, do not be afraid to use bright colors. Sometimes a small cloakroom only a small cloakroom, and no amount of white paint that will change. Why not an elegant and small paintings by the proportion of space or dark navy Burgundy and uses many of the white (in sanitaryware and towels) as an accent color? A finishing touch of aqua may touch. So as chef - that's a little coral, with a swish of aquamarine and emergencies that may be jade exactly the right prescription for the room. Which is important considering the quantity. Decide on the primary color is selected and then carefully add the accents.
Consider the texture of your color. A bright red dining room can be toned down by the application of various glazes so that its spirit is to be a rich flash. Yellows can colourwashed more bright white base for washing them. In both cases the original character and color managed only the brightness is turned off. Colors can be layered for unusual effects. A piece of inexpensive pine furniture can be transformed by distressing it - a painting blue undercoat, a coat of white and then sanding off the white paint in all corners and the handle to look like an antique it.
If you're stuck for ideas when trying to determine what to select the color scheme for a room, view objects and furniture that will be used. You may have a painting or rug that can act as inspiration. Many interior designers to build complex color scheme of only one item. You see - even purple vase or old faded red cover of the book collection can be a point of the whole room scheme.
Fun with colors. Must be brave! Must be brave!
- ► 2011 (48)
- ► 2010 (24)
- The Bed Montage
- 'Transformers' Sofa Bed
- Brilliant Spiral Sink and Wash Basin Design
- Creative Modern Interior Kitchen Designs
- Unconventional Modern Bedroom Furniture Sets
- Bathing Beauty
- Clear View Ahead
- Blooming Furniture Set
- Furniture That Grows With Your Child
- Illuminated LED Furniture
- Poufman Living Room Set
- Wave Chaise Teenage Bedroom Set
- Kure Pod Dining Table & Chairs
- Stanislav Katz’ Brilliantly Bright Furniture Desig...
- M-cube Mobile, Modular, Multi-Functional Seating
- Stackable Furniture for Small Spaces
- Livable Patio Set Livens Up Stone
- Kraft Paper SoftSeating
- KEWB Multi-Functional Living Room Set
- ‘Stay at My Home’ Sleep Set for Guests
- Space-Saving Teak Bathroom Furniture
- Hydrogen Z.CAR with Speed Adjusted Wheelbase
- Dynamic Architecture 4 : A NEW ERA OF GREEN BUILDI...
- Dynamic Architecture 3 : PREFABRICATION
- Dynamic Architecture 2 : A BUILDING IN MOTION
- Dynamic Architecture 1 : DYNAMIC TOWER | DUBAI
- Avoiding Mistakes in Interior Design
- Modern Design Shop with L-shaped walls
- MyModernWorld : Modern Home Design Ideas
- Cafe Design, Wooden Room, Simple Lighting
- Design of Cafe and Restaurant
- Spectral Light Combinations in A Romantic Bathroom...
- Bathroom with Traditional Style, Elegant Design in...
- Decorating a room with style Yellow and White
- Seems clean interior design of private homes
- Kitchen Design with Green Color
- Home Design with Nature Materials
- Living Room Decorating Idea
- Design to maximize the Window of Natural Lighting
- Lights in the Design Unique Shape
- Home Design as environmental-friendly House
- Zongluquan Interior Design, Modern Home Design
- Atlantis Hotel in Dubai with Royal Interior Design...
- Living room with a minimalist warm color
- Natural Lighting for Best Home Design
- Metal furniture in the Modern House Design
- Minimalist lighting design in the workspace
- Pink Minimalist Living Room
- The advantage of Minimalist Design
- Rooms Apartments Minimalist Design
- Black and White Modern Room Design
- Minimalist Home Theatre with Interior Digital Desi...
- 3D Interior Design for Dominicion Style
- Color in nature, modern architecture
- Interior Design of Mulligans Restaurant
- Color Wheel
- Googlelandia, Google Office Interior Design
- Buying a home off plan
- Improvements to the house and as a Property Develo...
- Employing Building Contractors
- Project Management
- Furniture is painted Bubble
- Decide Your Interior Design Budget
- The Use of Color in Interior Design
- Space Planning: The Step Beyond Interior Decorati...
- Find Your Interior Design Style
- Why do I need an Interior Designer?
- ▼ February (67)