If you go to a travel agent to book a holiday there are two things you need to know from your agent. First, the part of the world you would like to visit? Second, what your budget? You may have fallen in love with the idea in August of Tuscan villa, complete with swimming pool and the vineyards, but the budget in May suggested a trip to England in April as a more realistic Riviera.
But if you know the travel agents want to visit Italy, and you have been honest about how much money you are able to spend, then a suitable holiday can usually be found. You may not get a Tuscan villa, but some simple night in some hotel in Venice and Florence in May according to your billing, and provides pocket money to make the most of your holiday.
Why is it, then, that so many people hesitate to tell them what the interior designers they are able to spend on interior projects. Some people seem to treat the subject of "budget" games such as poker. "If the interior designer thinks I've got less than I will get all things done cheaper." Or worse, "If the designers know how much I've got them to ensure they will spend every penny."
It is important not to confuse the word "budget" with "life savings". The budget should be the amount that you're happy to spend to achieve the results you want. It is your responsibility as a client to have a clear idea about your budget before you start looking for designers. Remember that shoe-string TV makeovers programmed for their entertainment value, not for their practicality or longevity in the real world.
Permanent, value-added home improvement designed and supervised by a professional came at the price. You pay for the design expertise, the ability of the source of trade only supplier of furniture, fabrics and accessories, and save their time of need to manage and supervise the building, painters, joiners, plumbers, etc.
Once you decide the amount to be invested in home improvements, it often helps to check the feasibility of the budget allocated by the cost to the various fields. Space for a simple refurbishment you might allocate the budget to seven regions, for example, floorcovering, wallcovering, curtains, furniture, lighting equipment, accessories and designer of the cost.
A useful tip is to think in the form of percentages, not cash. We all think money is still feasible to use for what is valuable in the "good old days", and even about the price of butter Millionaires. However, the percentage allocated to your project, you will be better able to see what you're capable, and willing, to spend on each area of recycling. If you want to have elaborate curtain treatment, you may need to reduce the budget for the floorcovering, or vice versa. This method also helps you to prioritize your decoration requirements. Because honestly with the interior designer on the design and priorities for your budget, you are more likely to receive the designs and services that will surprise you and fun.
Make sure you select a designer who has set the cost structure and make sure you get this in writing. Ensuring that the designer knows the budget decor and clear about whether the design costs are included in this budget, or paid at the top. The designer to provide budget details and specific information as possible about the expectations with the budget - if you expect to get that antique reclaimed parquet floor above all the others, then make this clear. If you do not want the objects defined in the scope of your budget, the designer can go back to the beginning of your project to turn the budget allocation.
The designer will welcome clear information about your budget as a real time saver for both of you. If the budget extends only to slipcovers for existing furniture, we know this before the departure to pound the pavement looking for new furniture. (Remember, you may pay for their source of time!)
If poker is a game you really do not have anything wrong with maintaining the percentage of budget reserves without notifying anyone (in fact, this is good enough). If the budget runs over (and if the project requires building, plumbing or electrical work, this can happen when surprises like dry rot, rising damp or structural problems that are uncovered), then you have the spare cash. But if the project has been running smoothly, and designers that have been completed on budget, then why not use the extra money to visit a travel agent to celebrate!
- ► 2011 (48)
- ► 2010 (24)
- The Bed Montage
- 'Transformers' Sofa Bed
- Brilliant Spiral Sink and Wash Basin Design
- Creative Modern Interior Kitchen Designs
- Unconventional Modern Bedroom Furniture Sets
- Bathing Beauty
- Clear View Ahead
- Blooming Furniture Set
- Furniture That Grows With Your Child
- Illuminated LED Furniture
- Poufman Living Room Set
- Wave Chaise Teenage Bedroom Set
- Kure Pod Dining Table & Chairs
- Stanislav Katz’ Brilliantly Bright Furniture Desig...
- M-cube Mobile, Modular, Multi-Functional Seating
- Stackable Furniture for Small Spaces
- Livable Patio Set Livens Up Stone
- Kraft Paper SoftSeating
- KEWB Multi-Functional Living Room Set
- ‘Stay at My Home’ Sleep Set for Guests
- Space-Saving Teak Bathroom Furniture
- Hydrogen Z.CAR with Speed Adjusted Wheelbase
- Dynamic Architecture 4 : A NEW ERA OF GREEN BUILDI...
- Dynamic Architecture 3 : PREFABRICATION
- Dynamic Architecture 2 : A BUILDING IN MOTION
- Dynamic Architecture 1 : DYNAMIC TOWER | DUBAI
- Avoiding Mistakes in Interior Design
- Modern Design Shop with L-shaped walls
- MyModernWorld : Modern Home Design Ideas
- Cafe Design, Wooden Room, Simple Lighting
- Design of Cafe and Restaurant
- Spectral Light Combinations in A Romantic Bathroom...
- Bathroom with Traditional Style, Elegant Design in...
- Decorating a room with style Yellow and White
- Seems clean interior design of private homes
- Kitchen Design with Green Color
- Home Design with Nature Materials
- Living Room Decorating Idea
- Design to maximize the Window of Natural Lighting
- Lights in the Design Unique Shape
- Home Design as environmental-friendly House
- Zongluquan Interior Design, Modern Home Design
- Atlantis Hotel in Dubai with Royal Interior Design...
- Living room with a minimalist warm color
- Natural Lighting for Best Home Design
- Metal furniture in the Modern House Design
- Minimalist lighting design in the workspace
- Pink Minimalist Living Room
- The advantage of Minimalist Design
- Rooms Apartments Minimalist Design
- Black and White Modern Room Design
- Minimalist Home Theatre with Interior Digital Desi...
- 3D Interior Design for Dominicion Style
- Color in nature, modern architecture
- Interior Design of Mulligans Restaurant
- Color Wheel
- Googlelandia, Google Office Interior Design
- Buying a home off plan
- Improvements to the house and as a Property Develo...
- Employing Building Contractors
- Project Management
- Furniture is painted Bubble
- Decide Your Interior Design Budget
- The Use of Color in Interior Design
- Space Planning: The Step Beyond Interior Decorati...
- Find Your Interior Design Style
- Why do I need an Interior Designer?
- ▼ February (67)