One of the many benefits Employing an interior designer is to get access to a swimming pool which they tried and trusted building contractors. However, most of the contractors is the relationship between community members and contractors who have their own source. If you find yourself in this position, there are some guidelines you can follow that will make your life a little easier.
There are two prices that will come to life during the project implementation. The first will estimate the price tendered before work is started, the two will ultimately cost you the price. This is for the sake of your sanity and saving the second is as close to one another as possible. Accepted way to ensure that the estimated price that is reasonable for the three contractors to bid on the job and select the same center estimates. On the face of it this seems a good strategy. However, you will be taking a risk on the veracity of each contractor's method of estimation. In addition, each building contractors working in a state of constant dr. A company that has little or no space in the quote schedule is likely to be high. In a simple and cost extra to find sub-contractors to carry the additional load is covered. On the other hand, companies hungry for the work can quote very competitive and hope that on-site will add some variation cream after the project has been won. Many other factors can be a time to play with some of the contractors and even contractors are based on the first impression you!
Secret to get an accurate quote is to supply contractors with the detailed specifications for the work contemplated. This is not like the sound. Try the following exercise for yourself before reading further:
Write a detailed specification for others to use in making a cup of tea! May your specs look like this:
* Put the kettle on;
* Boil water;
* Put the tea in a teapot;
* Pour water into pot;
* Pour out the tea.
On the face of it this seems reasonable. But look again and see how much knowledge you have assumed before. "Put the kettle on" - put the kettle on what? "Pour out the tea" - to the floor? This may seem silly, but there is a serious party. We have seen the job specification which instructed the contractor to "Remove old kitchen units." The contractor was charged for the additional waste basket outside the site. These costs will have been included in the estimate of the original specification have read "Remove and dispose of old kitchen units."
Sit down and think hard about the scope of work and conduct every step will be to put your paper in a position control. Send your specifications to select the contractor before they arrived at the location to make their estimates. Contractors will have the specifications that are considered before the visit and will be easier to engage him in meaningful dialogue during the visit. Specifications that will encourage him to explore and ask questions more freely offer opinions. And the exceptions can be discussed together and you will develop a better mutual understanding in the implementation of the project at hand.
We have found that a comprehensive, well written set of specifications will take is very similar to the price estimates from different contractors. Now we practice to find just one quote from the contractor that we feel is best suited to the job. The two strong advantages of both specifications is the impact they have on the other end of the project. Responsibility of the contractors are required to identify each on-site variation as outside the specification, which is additional to the initial scope of work detail.
All work will be no variations that occur during the work in place due to unforeseen events. But the specification will help to close the gap between the estimated price and the price actually paid. It's worth mentioning at this time that are important building materials of any project - the chance of funds. Always make sure does not stand in less than 10% of the expected expenditure.
So, how do you select a building contractor from the many hundreds that are available? Recommendation from a friend or colleague is always a popular route. But remember that Bloggs and the company can not make a mistake in the house of your friend may not be the same Bloggs and the company that was at your door a year later. Each contractor is only as good as traders employ them. Circulation traders that is a feature of both the industry and has been rare for the main contractor to run the "same team" for a prolonged period. If you have a recommendation from someone you know, ask the contractor to provide testimony from people who do not know. Consider the following important with at least one phone call, or make a visit if a local property.
Always ask the contractor for a copy of its certificate of insurance and VAT number. If the contractor is not VAT registered then the alarm bells should start ringing. This is almost impossible to operate the building without even the smallest concern for VAT registration thresholds.
Do not be tempted to enter the cash deal to avoid the VAT. No out the fact that this is a tax and therefore illegal (how you will feel if the contractor who offered to sell your car stolen?). Paying cash means you do not have the invoice and the work "does not exist" in the eyes of the authorities. This means you will seriously compromise your legal rights if something goes wrong big.
Once you select a building contractor you must agree on the start date and duration of the project reasonable. Some people insist on penalty clauses to attack and choose to agree fixed price contract. A penalty clause will focus contractor. However, he may only focus on punishment, avoid at all costs, which may, in extreme cases, it is important that the cut corner. In our experience, it aims to better build quality and try to go into the options that timescale.
Similarly, fixed price contracts can lead to downgrading of the claw back to the previous overspends. Far better to have a system of "demand variations" where the expected increase in expenditures detailed in writing by the contractor for approval. You know how the build quality is guaranteed and you can keep close track on the possibility of funds.
Agree with the payment structure of the building contractor before the project begins. A typical payment schedule like this:
* 10% deposit to secure start date;
* 20% on or after the start;
* 30% interim;
* 30% interim;
* 10% in snagging completed.
That while the payment on time will depend on the length and complexity of the project and the requirements for the purchase of raw materials. Also remember that the contractor has a weekly cash wage pressure for the bill and may have a limited credit facilities to build inventory. Cash flow because it is very important to their business.
During your work with the contractor does not have good reason to be careful about the payment. Some people hold most of the value of the contract is completed. This is not necessary in many cases, and only makes life difficult for the contractor. Must be realistic about the amount that you hold against snagging. A saving of 10% of the value of contracts in general, sufficient to ensure snagging to be completed.
Masterpiece will always stress and disruption, but thinking ahead can reduce the effects. You hope to make known at the beginning of hygiene and contractors may factor in extra costs involved (I was on the site where the workers spent all day, every day behind all the bright people). Rent a Portaloo outside the building to be able to make a big difference in the quality of life - especially on Monday! Also, perhaps most important of all, make sure you have a lot of tea!
If you've selected your contractor and well maintained with a good level of communication throughout the project then you have a high chance of experience to provide the desired results.
- ► 2011 (48)
- ► 2010 (24)
- The Bed Montage
- 'Transformers' Sofa Bed
- Brilliant Spiral Sink and Wash Basin Design
- Creative Modern Interior Kitchen Designs
- Unconventional Modern Bedroom Furniture Sets
- Bathing Beauty
- Clear View Ahead
- Blooming Furniture Set
- Furniture That Grows With Your Child
- Illuminated LED Furniture
- Poufman Living Room Set
- Wave Chaise Teenage Bedroom Set
- Kure Pod Dining Table & Chairs
- Stanislav Katz’ Brilliantly Bright Furniture Desig...
- M-cube Mobile, Modular, Multi-Functional Seating
- Stackable Furniture for Small Spaces
- Livable Patio Set Livens Up Stone
- Kraft Paper SoftSeating
- KEWB Multi-Functional Living Room Set
- ‘Stay at My Home’ Sleep Set for Guests
- Space-Saving Teak Bathroom Furniture
- Hydrogen Z.CAR with Speed Adjusted Wheelbase
- Dynamic Architecture 4 : A NEW ERA OF GREEN BUILDI...
- Dynamic Architecture 3 : PREFABRICATION
- Dynamic Architecture 2 : A BUILDING IN MOTION
- Dynamic Architecture 1 : DYNAMIC TOWER | DUBAI
- Avoiding Mistakes in Interior Design
- Modern Design Shop with L-shaped walls
- MyModernWorld : Modern Home Design Ideas
- Cafe Design, Wooden Room, Simple Lighting
- Design of Cafe and Restaurant
- Spectral Light Combinations in A Romantic Bathroom...
- Bathroom with Traditional Style, Elegant Design in...
- Decorating a room with style Yellow and White
- Seems clean interior design of private homes
- Kitchen Design with Green Color
- Home Design with Nature Materials
- Living Room Decorating Idea
- Design to maximize the Window of Natural Lighting
- Lights in the Design Unique Shape
- Home Design as environmental-friendly House
- Zongluquan Interior Design, Modern Home Design
- Atlantis Hotel in Dubai with Royal Interior Design...
- Living room with a minimalist warm color
- Natural Lighting for Best Home Design
- Metal furniture in the Modern House Design
- Minimalist lighting design in the workspace
- Pink Minimalist Living Room
- The advantage of Minimalist Design
- Rooms Apartments Minimalist Design
- Black and White Modern Room Design
- Minimalist Home Theatre with Interior Digital Desi...
- 3D Interior Design for Dominicion Style
- Color in nature, modern architecture
- Interior Design of Mulligans Restaurant
- Color Wheel
- Googlelandia, Google Office Interior Design
- Buying a home off plan
- Improvements to the house and as a Property Develo...
- Employing Building Contractors
- Project Management
- Furniture is painted Bubble
- Decide Your Interior Design Budget
- The Use of Color in Interior Design
- Space Planning: The Step Beyond Interior Decorati...
- Find Your Interior Design Style
- Why do I need an Interior Designer?
- ▼ February (67)